Are you interested in international relations, global economics, intercultural relations, global governance, globalization, or art and culture? If you are looking to obtain a bachelors, masters or PhD in cultural diplomacy at a fraction of the cost of U.S. programs, this opportunity may be for you.
The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies in Berlin partners with Furtwangen University (HFU) in Germany, the University of Siena in Italy and Babes-Bolyai University and the University of Bucharest in Romania.
Through a joint partnership students can receive degrees such as:
- MA Program in International Relations & Cultural Diplomacy (One Year Program)
- MBA in International Economics & Cultural Diplomacy (Two Year Program)
- PhD program in International Relations and European Studies
- BA in Political Science with a concentration in Cultural Diplomacy (3 Year Program)
Classes, which are taught by high profile politicians, professors and experienced professionals from the private and public sectors, provides students the opportunity to garner experiential experience and access to “high-level” knowledge and relationships.
According to the Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies the benefits of earning one of their degrees are:
- Exclusive & Privileged Access to ICD Events & Programs- Students will have exclusive and privileged access to all ICD events and programs around the world, which will provide opportunities to network and build contact with world leaders and prominent experts in a diversity of fields from around the world. In addition, students will be offered important roles in these events such as moderating or chairing certain components of the events, conducting interviews with high-level speakers and delegates and presenting & publishing papers in the framework of the events.
- Guaranteed Expertise in the Field of Cultural Diplomacy- The programs guarantee to provide students with expertise in the field of cultural diplomacy.
- International Learning Experience- The programs provide students with the advantage of learning in two major cities and thus the opportunity to gain academic, professional and personal experience from living in two different cultures.
- Hybrid Model of University+NGO Partnership- The programs consist of a unique structure that provide students with the opportunity to gain practical experience parallel to their studies by giving them the opportunity to participate in and support the activities of the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy including its major international conferences, which will also save them time in their careers and guarantee that they will have this experience in their CV.
- Expertise in a Minimum of Two Leading Academic Fields- The programs provide students with expertise in at least two distinct academic fields (such as cultural diplomacy as well as international relations), which will give them a significantly greater number of career options in the future and will be give them a considerable advantage within the political arena against students who simply have a BA/MA/PhD in only one field, such as only International Relations.
- Professional Development Semester- During the Professional Development semester of the program, students will be able to create and implement their own events and programs on Cultural Diplomacy. This professional experience will allow students the opportunity to immediately apply the knowledge they have gained in the in the professional world. This also provides valuable relevant professional experience, contacts and relationships that can assist students in preparing for their future careers.
The reason why I decided to pass this information along is because the degrees offered by the Center of Cultural Diplomacy studies and the partner universities are a fraction of the cost of programs offered in the United States. For example, the cost for a one year master’s degree at the University of Siena, Italy is 9,000 euros. Or the cost of a two year master’s degree program in Furtwangen University (HFU) in Germany is 12,000 euros. You can’t beat that, especially with the current fall of the euro.
For more information on pricing click here.
For these programs you can apply in the spring (two sessions), summer or fall. For more information click here.
I do not endorse these programs but am simply passing along information that can be beneficial to someone. If you are looking to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree in Europe, which focuses on international relations and cultural diplomacy, at the fraction of the cost of degrees in the U.S.A, this opportunity is one you should know about.
In case you’ve missed it, check out:
Life is a Marathon
Do You Talk Yourself?
Are Words In Your Arsenal?
For more posts like these, follow me on:
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram